Friday, February 18, 2011

There's No Such Thing As Too Many Greens


I was inspired last Sunday by something I'd seen on Jeri and David Taira's blog, "God's Dreams for Me in My Vegan Playground" (http://godsdreamsforme.blogspot.com) An easy soup was featured that their son had come up with: a can of Amy's Organic Lentil Soup with kale added to it. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!  LOVE simple!  Of course, true to form, I start with easy and am then so comfortable that I begin cleaning out the crisper. So, still easy, this soup contained not only the added kale, but also some diced carrots and daikon. Then I had to add more water because the whole thing was so chunky I couldn't submerge the veggies. This soup was fabulous!

But before I could eat it, the other family members got a hankering for their weekly Chinese fix. Since I'd just had kale and fried tofu for lunch, and was going to have this soup for dinner, I only added Garlic Baby Bok Choy to the order, along with brown rice:


So here's my second dinner plate. Greens, greens and more greens -- Bliss! Seriously, does anyone out there ever feel they've had too many servings of greens?  I cannot imagine ever getting tired of them. I dream about eating them -- not kidding. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment