Thursday, February 10, 2011

Majesty


You folks in the northeast will think I am a nutcase, and I concede that to be entirely possible, considering the recent whole week the Atlanta area was shut down due to ice, but when I awoke this morning to freshly fallen snow I felt hopeful. My life circumstance has not changed. Still I am racked with worry, still I am not sleeping. Still my child is checked out of life as we continue to tread the circuitous path of the medication maze.  But yet, in the quiet of the morning I was able to breathe. I looked heavenward and saw something lovely -- these majestic towering pines dusted with clean fresh white, and rooted firmly to the earth. Just . . . thank you.

Somehow, receiving this grace makes it clear that each day has the potential to be better than the last.


2 comments:

  1. Cheryl, my heart was breaking for you as I read your post. There is nothing worse than a child that is suffering. I can see how these beautiful majestic trees brought peace to your morning. Nature has a way of doing that. I am sure it won't be long until your son starts feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete