Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh, Yeah I Did!


In the last post, I mentioned that I might use the remainder of my green tomato and onion relish for a quesadilla, and indeed I did!  Here it is!  No recipe, this time, it was just two corn tortillas, daiya, half an avocado and the hot dog relish cooked over medium heat, flipped a couple of times.  It was delicious and messy and wonderful dipped bite by bite in the tofutti sour cream. I love reinventing fabulous vegan leftovers! I will be coming up with a new recipe soon -- roasted green tomato salsa -- stay tuned!

From a discussion thread on the Kind Life, I found a fun new blog to follow, Green Beans and Yam (http://www.greenbeansandyam.com/) I had to check it based on the name alone. The authors are such a cute vegan/eco couple. I enjoyed reading about how Melissa decided to google the name of their blog out of curiosity, and was happy to see it had been written about in a magazine! So, visions of someone noticing my writing dancing in my head, I did the same with A Midlife Vegan.

What did I find? I discovered another Midlife Vegan already exists!  Ugh!  How did this happen?  Duh --well, I guess I should have done a search before choosing the name, my 16 year old kid could have told me that, but hey, I am just joining this brave new world. The other blog is of the same name, but carried by WordPress instead of Blogger.  I am sure WordPress' midlifevegan is a lovely person, but she is not me! I am very disconcerted. I have enjoyed writing this blog so much, and meeting and being inspired by so many of you wonderful readers and followers. You experienced young 'uns out there -- do you have any suggestions for me?  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Quesadillas are crazy good! One of my favorite things for sure! so thanks for reminding me that I need to make some again! Yours looks so delicious and packed full of good stuff!
    Bummer about the other Midlife Vegan. :( Well, if it makes you feel any better, YOU are the only Midlife Vegan I have heard of. Have a great weekend! Oh, by the way, added you to my blogroll...

    ReplyDelete