Thursday, May 23, 2013

The First Radish! + a Money Tree Update

As I was in the fresh air yesterday to get away from the paint fumes, I checked on my garden. The radishes have begun to look robust and voluptuous, positively pushing themselves out of the ground, so I harvested one of them, perhaps a bit early, since it was about the size of my thumb, but ripe enough to eat. I was tempted to down it right then and there, but I stopped myself because of the dirt. A quick rinse later, I ate the whole thing, stringy little roots to fresh, spiny leaves. It was superb. I'm not kidding -- anything homegrown is always surprisingly delicious.

Remember the dead money tree which stayed dead despite my counterintuitive decapitating of it? Well, guess what I got on my front porch today, all the way from China? (Not literally -- it was grown in Mississippi, but the order was from China!)

A new money tree from my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and niece! They do live in China. This was so thoughtful and kind of them, and provides evidence that they are tracking my blogposts! I love and miss you guys so much! Grateful!

What do you think of the new paint color I chose for the kitchen/sitting room? I was trying to be more modern, less radical. It's actually close to the old color, but lighter and more grey -- neutral. My daughter says it looks exactly the same as the old color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment