Friday, May 17, 2013

Wholeness

If you haven't noticed, this is a variation on a theme here. Whenever I veer off track, I again achieve equilibrium and wholeness with this -- leafy greens and whole grains.

I took a short trip recently for a workshop with an underlying theme of wholeness, so the fare was predictably healthy, but the trail mix was my nemesis -- there were dried bananas, pineapple and dark chocolate chips (!) and it was a big giant bag and the chocolate tasted so good with coffee after lunch and, and . . . . .  'nuff said -- I was out of whack for a couple of days. Sugar is sugar, even if it's "healthy".

I am so grateful for my kale cravings! They kick in just when I need them. This time I fixed it with some sauteed onions and a little olive oil, with quinoa and black lentils on the side. Perfect! All better now.


No comments:

Post a Comment