Thursday, March 24, 2016

An Oldie But a Goodie

You know I can never get enough greens.  Inspired originally by a post on the wonderful blog {Plate+Simple} (no longer active, but you may be able to find archives), I've made so many versions of these sweet curried collards using whatever I have on hand.  This time I started with coconut oil, a leek, three organic carrots, several mushrooms, and a can of black eyed peas, rinsed well.  To these veggies I added a couple of shakes of turmeric powder, a shake of allspice, a pinch of salt, a few shakes of nutritional yeast and a couple shakes of dried oregano.  Once the carrots had softened, I added chopped collard greens, turned up the heat to medium high and added a couple of shakes of tamari and a generous splash of orange juice.  I stirred it all up, popped a lid on it and turned the heat back down, leaving the covered pan on the hot burner for a couple of minutes.  That's it!  I Love, love, love a recipe with no measurements.  It's so much more fun to cook that way!  I cannot say enough good things about this combination of flavors!  

No comments:

Post a Comment