Sunday, February 21, 2016

More From My Vegetarian Daughter

This isn't vegan food, but I've enjoyed watching my vegetarian daughter expand her repertoire of foods as she learns how to cook for herself and her dad (I'm still not eating dairy).  Pasta is ubiquitous for many vegetarians and vegans.  This dish of tiny farfalle with tomato sauce and ricotta is a bit of a change from the standard mac and cheese.

Here's a quesadilla my daughter prepared for herself the other day.  What sets this one apart from something she'd have eaten as a child is the inclusion of sautéed onions and roasted red peppers, as well as vegetarian refried beans and guacamole on the side.

I get a kick out of watching my kid evolve into an adult with dietary standards and creative ideas for how to incorporate more veggies into her vegetarian lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment