Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Skinny" Almond-Cranberry Porridge


Hey check out my skinny little photo of Almond-Cranberry Porridge! Isn't it funky? It reminds me of the Knight Bus or the Brownstone at Grimmauld Place from the Harry Potter series. Can't you imagine it continuing to squash into whatever narrow slot necessary?

I love my technology, I really do. I actually have a love/awe relationship with it. When I got my new camera this summer, I would stare at it wide- eyed, and hold it gingerly, afraid to accidentally push a button. When it inexplicably produced a pretty photo once, I exclaimed with delight, "It works!"

Since then, I've basically used the same setting (aside from zooming in, which I've gotten pretty good at) and have had fairly satisfactory results. But every once in a while I wind up with one of these misshapen oddballs.  It's magic!

I really don't know how this happened, but realize I must have done something different with the settings of the camera. But my next question is, in what circumstance would someone choose this accidental setting on purpose? Hmmm. . .

I am also aware that this photo can be reshaped with any one of a number of photo editing softwares, and I have been able to mold other similarly-shaped photos thus, but I have been unable, as of yet, to find one that is compatible with blogger. In other words, I can fix and rename/save the new photo, but by the time I upload it to the blog, It goes back to skinny. Yes, I know, I could noodle the solution out over time, but I am not finding that many hours in my day lately.  So, as they say in preschool, "You get what you get, and don't pitch a fit!"

So, the porridge: This is another one of my endless oatmeal creations. Normally I don't work so brazenly with nuts since my son is allergic to them. He would get sick breathing around them. But since he is out of town, I boiled the oats in Almond milk and threw a handful of almonds and dried cranberries on top. This was very flavorful and gave me an amazing protein punch to start the day. It was one of my favorite oatmeals.

And now, time to figure out that new Kindle I got for Christmas . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment