Sunday, August 15, 2010

Comfort and Joy


The other day I had a quick lunch at a little sushi restaurant where I enjoyed this Miso Soup, some green tea and avocado and cucumber rolls. As soon as I walked into the restaurant, I could smell the miso, and knew I needed it. So simple, so healthful and sustaining.


School starts here a week from tomorrow. So as we gear up for it, we are in transition, still sleeping in a bit, trying to remember to tie up loose ends, filling out forms, finishing summer work, buying school supplies, just beginning to think about replacing outgrown clothing. We are a bit scattered as we continue to enjoy summer while readying for the next chapter. Listening to the body's signals helps me to stay centered. I am finding myself with very specific food cravings, simple healthful things like the miso and this smoothie I created for breakfast today.


I'm not yet a master of my wonderful camera. I snapped this quick shot (it looked clear to me, I wasn't wearing my glasses) then I quickly wolfed down this delicious concoction. Obviously there was too much depth in this shot, so I should have selected a different function, but at least you can see the lovely color and rich consistency of the smoothie. This is the best smoothie I have ever made. It included: a cup of rice milk, 2 overripe frozen bananas, a large handful of raw kale and a tablespoon of almond butter. This was seriously delicious. The bananas were so ripe they were almost syrupy, so this smoothie was more like a dessert. I didn't taste the kale at all, but I was happy it was in there. Mmm, I think I want to make another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment