Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Blender Juice

My Functional Medicine MD doesn't recommend juicing because it can create glucose spikes, but she approves of my fruitless juices (veggies only), since my sugar levels are good. 

I found a lovely papaya yesterday and decided to make papaya/celery juice, a combination that is very cleansing for the organs, while also replenishing minerals and electrolytes. Remembering my doctor's advice, I opted to use the Vitamix instead of the juicer for this.  Incorporating the natural fibers of whole fruits and vegetables takes care if the glucose issue.  We digest the sugars much more slowly this way.  This juice, a cup of papaya, a cup of celery, a little water, ice and sea salt, was much more delicious and filling than one would imagine.  My liver is smiling now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment