Monday, February 18, 2013

Inspired!

I've been such a lazy vegan of late. Led by life's demands rather than charting my own course, I've been thankful for my "tried and true"combos which keep me reasonably balanced and healthy -- the greens, beans and grains, and fresh vegetables prepared simply. Though luscious and fresh, sometimes too much of the same can become tired. Recently, I noticed nothing really appealed. Then I remembered I had received a couple of beautiful cookbooks as Christmas presents which I'd only begun to explore. What I needed was inspiration -- exposure to new ideas!

Time is still short, but flipping through the cookbooks, I found something I wanted to eat -- Semi-Dried Tomatoes from Crazy Sexy Kitchen by Kris Carr and Chad Sarno [check it out on Amazon]. The extra step of peeling the tomatoes was worth the effort as the exposed tomato flesh allowed the flavor of the herbs, spices and olive oil to permeate the fruit, resulting in a lovely and different flavor and texture.  This semi-dried tomato complimented and brightened all the flavors on the plate -- in this case sauteed baby bok choy and mushrooms and fresh baby greens. Dressing for the greens was not necessary -- the semi-dried tomato was very juicy and luscious.

Remembering my wonderful gifts, I am inspired, and look forward to the next -- from Simple Vegan! by Good Housekeeping [check it on Amazon as well]. This book was a gift from my amazing friend, Linda, at work. The book has a spiral binding -- such a practical bonus.  No delicious vegan ingredients from my sloppy fingers on its pages as I struggle to keep my place! This one lays flat. I will share future creations.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you found some inspiration. It's always such a good feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete