Monday, May 8, 2017

A Waste of a Good Bunch of Mint

Fresh mint is so lovely in salads, spicy stews and smoothies.  I love the combination of lemon with mint in a smoothie and crafted one recently that had a wonderful start with these organic grapes, some coconut milk, cucumber and romaine.  Then I went too far and ruined the whole thing with another ingredient:  matcha green tea powder -- just a teaspoon of it.  Yuck.

I knew the smoothie would be ugly because purple and green make beige, but I didn't know how bad it would taste.  I didn't waste it -- I choked it down over the course of an hour or so because of the nutrition, but I didn't enjoy it either.  I love tea, except green tea, and I especially dislike matcha.  I'll get my antioxidants elsewhere.

I'm glad I took this pretty photo before my planning went south.  You win some, you lose some, that's how we learn.  I won't make this mistake again!

No comments:

Post a Comment