Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Brown Rice!


Just a short news flash today: Chipotle now has brown cilantro rice!! Also, the guy who ordered in front of me today ordered a Burrito Bol with Lettuce on the bottom! On the bottom -- that means mostly greens, and all the other stuff on top, not just a little handful of greens on the top of the other food. So, for the first time, I noticed a big tin of greens at the beginning of the line and also at the end.

But back to the brown rice -- brown rice at Chipotle really made my afternoon. I know you may be rolling your eyes, thinking, "whoa, it doesn't take much," but this'll remove a bit of guilt I've had over too much white rice. Chipotle is one of the only places where a vegan/macrobiotic mom, a vegetarian daughter, a health-conscious omnivore dad and a non-health-conscious omnivore son can all find something delicious to eat. Chipotle has long been a leader in providing food that is healthier, using organics when possible and meat without bovine growth hormone, but now a brown rice option! I no longer have to feel guilty about indulging! Yippee! That's all I needed to say today.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl!

    I LOVE Chipotle and I'm very happy to hear about the addition of brown rice!!! So thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I hope the brown rice has made it your way. If not, ask about it. We are in Alpharetta GA, just north of Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have no idea how overjoyed i was to find that they now have brown rice!! i told everyone i know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are also quite happy about the brown rice option! I am not a big chain restaurant fan, but I appreciate a quick take-out from time to time for the kiddos. Now the brown rice makes me feel better about it.

    ReplyDelete